A season of Live Jazz at Casita
From Good Friday all the way through to July we will be hosting a series of unmissable jazz-infused Friday showpieces. Now in it's 4th year this celebration of fine food, wine and live jazz brings together an eclectic range of sensational performers along with our delectable Spanish tapas feast and unparalleled selection of wines from near and far. Enjoy an evening of emotion, soul and flavour.
- Friday 15th April GOOD FRIDAY SPECIAL with Cousin Alice Alice is a talented singer/songwriter, she performs a collection of jazz standards, pop, nostalgia, blues, and her own snazzy originals.
- Friday 22nd April with Love Square Guaranteed to be an outrageous performance with a funky mix of horns, saxophone, drums and keyboard, playing some Caribbean and jazz with middle eastern flavours.
- Friday 29th April with Cinematic Radio Cinematic Radio explores suave, dreamy, jazzy, soul and latin-infused experimental musical textures.
- Friday 6th May with Buzz Bars Island musos Pete Reilly and Chris Orange (Chocolate Fish) join city slickers Rose Meyer (vocals/guitar) and Phil Barker (drums) of The Paperbacks.
- Friday 13th May with Carnivorous Plants Society New Zealand's favourite psychedelic jazz band.
- Friday 10th June with Tony Masterantonio & Chris Orange Now putting their unique spin on classics by combining elements of jazz, alt-country, and surf-rock.
- Friday 17th June with Jonathan Crayford One of NZ's foremost pianists playing Latin jazz in regional styles, including, but not limited to Cuban, Brazilian and Spanish dialects.
- Friday 24th June with Waiheke String Quartet A perennial favourite at Casita Miro, an eclectic crowd-pleasing repertoire of Gypsy Jazz, Tango, and some extraordinary surprise pieces.
- Friday 1st July FINALE with Hopetoun Brown This dynamic duo who have been playing together since their teens as the Supergroove horn section -- just voice, trumpet, trombone, percussion (Stewart) and bass clarinet (Atkinson) to blow up a storm of soul, jazz, blues and electricity-free hip-hop.